Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just a Teenager...

I am a teenager living in difficult times. Not only has the number of unemployment sky rocketed in the last year (last week Detroit, MI had over 29% unemployment) but more importantly, we live in a time where God is forgotten. Teenagers are expected to do nothing. Satan has a grasp on most of the earths population. War and hunger are present. Slavery prevails. AIDS is taking more lives than any other disease in the history of mankind. Barack Obama just won the Nobel Peace Prize for "trying" to do something. The world tells us to be self serving and lazy. Christians have let their conscious become weak. But in despite of all this despair- GOD IS STILL THERE- and He still cares!

I have adopted these words as my life motto: "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:20-21

I am constantly sinning, yet constantly forgiven by my Merciful Savior, and constantly sanctified by God become more like Him. ...

-C

1 comment: