Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Becoming an Expert

Did you know that to become an expert on something you must study the particular subject for over 10,000 hours? This means that if an average person decided to study one subject, full time (for 40 hours a week), it would take them over FIVE years to become an expert. WOW! If you think about it, five years isn't really that long. Unfortunately though, many of us don't spend 40 hours a week on one subject. We jump from one thing to another, spending a few minutes on everything. Our attention spans have been trained to be short. We spend more time on on the Internet and watching TV than praying to our Heavenly Father. When we do sit down to study God's word, we become distracted! Wouldn't it be amazing to spend five years and ONLY study God's word and TO BE AN EXPERT ON IT!?! Wouldn't it be amazing to know God that well? I think that it would be better than anything else in my life.

What are you spending your time to become an expert on? Something that has no long term gain- or something that will have a better reward than anything on this planet? Something that is temporary or something eternal?

This is a strugge for me- but I believe through prayer and dedication, I CAN become an "expert" on God's word. I truly desire to be an expert on God's word...and I hope that you do too.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment