Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today I Cry

Today I cry.

For a mommy who took her last breath
empty armed.
No babies to hold.
Did she feel the pain?
Or did she remain numb
in her drug induced
euphoria?

My heart aches,
my eyes flood tears.

MY arms hold her flesh and blood.

I pray over,
And with,
And for,
that LITTLE ONE who does not know.

I, mommy, hold her.
She is part of me.
And I ache.
And she is my drug euphoria.

---for my Bre'---
I see beauty.

My family and I received news yesterday that my little sister's birth mother died from a drug overdose on Sunday. It has shaken us all. We knew that Bre's birth mother was a drug addict, but we all hoped and prayed she would wake up one day, and desire to hold her baby in her arms and come to accept the Lord as her Saviour. My mom wrote the poem above this morning. She is talented, and her words express all of our emotions better than I ever could.

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." -Isaiah 26:3

-C

3 comments:

  1. hi c
    the poem your mom wrote is moving.I am truly sadden to hear about the lost of sis mom. I will keep your family in my prayers that through all of this that God may draw someone to himself
    God bless
    cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constance,
    Thank you very much for the prayers, my family and I appreciate it. -C

    ReplyDelete